[mythtv-users] limiting channels to grab with xmltv

Jim Chandler jim at n0vh.org
Wed Dec 3 11:06:07 EST 2003

I do exactly this.  I have removed all the shopping channels, etc from my
xmltv pull.

Here's how I did it.  Login as the user that does the pulls (mythtv for
me).

cd to $HOME/.mythtv  and you should find a *.xmltv file.  Mine happens to
be Cable.xmltv  This is what xmltv uses for information for the pull.
Simply edit it and put a "not" in front of the channels that you don't want.

For example,

channel: 5 KENS
not channel: 6 GALA
channel: 7 KRRT