[mythtv-users] limiting channels to grab with xmltv

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Dec 2 19:32:06 EST 2003

IvanK. wrote:
> I would like to limit the number of channels xmltv/mythfilldatabase pulls in
> order to populate the database, since I'm not interested in most of them.
> But I was wondering what the effects will be on mythtv.
>
> If I need to pull info only on channels, say, 1,2,3,4, 24,32,101, would mythtv
> know that these are channels 1,2,3,4,24,32,101, or would it think they are
> 1,2,3,4,5,6,7?  Would browsing work?

Lots of people, in fact, I would hope most people are doing
this. We really don't need listing for QVC, CSPAN, a pay
channels that we don't subscribe to. The trick is to put a
"#" in front of the channel in  ~/.mythtv/<sourcename>.xmltv

If you've already grabbed listing for channels you don't want,
there is a little more clean up to do. See:

--  bjm