[mythtv-users] Myth Ideas

Robert Currey avalonforest at centurytel.net
Tue Dec 2 19:44:40 EST 2003

I actually subscribe to the fewer-modules-are-better (especially if they are
robust).

How about MythTicker .... (or MythOSD if you prefer)

Want e-mail notification? configure MythTicker to watch your box.
Want IM notification? configure MythTicker to watch your nick.
Want "news"? configure MythTicker to watch your source (e.g. new slashdots)

So, modules can make use of MythTicker to display stuff. MythTicker can be
set to ignore some modules (I don't prefer weather updates to be tickered),
but my personal news source (including the HD meltdown occuring in my
basement), I *do* want tickered.

Essentially a module that "controls" your MythOSD. It becomes the "service"
that modules use to "insert" their meainingful info.

Rob