[mythtv-users] limiting channels to grab with xmltv

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 17:10:29 EST 2003

I would like to limit the number of channels xmltv/mythfilldatabase pulls in
order to populate the database, since I'm not interested in most of them.
But I was wondering what the effects will be on mythtv.

If I need to pull info only on channels, say, 1,2,3,4, 24,32,101, would mythtv
know that these are channels 1,2,3,4,24,32,101, or would it think they are
1,2,3,4,5,6,7?  Would browsing work?

An important detail is that I'm using a script to change channels on my cable
box.

I believe everything will work, but wanted to verify this.  I can limit the
channels I want by prepending not in the xmltv file.

Thanks,
IvanK.