[mythtv-users] Hardware Recommendation

Robert La Ferla robertlaferla at comcast.net
Sat Aug 30 23:55:05 EDT 2003

Joe Votour wrote:

>Thus, a dual tuner setup will require 2 PCI slots,
>becuase you'll need two cards.  This won't fit in the
>small Shuttle cases, unless you have 2 PCI, and manage
>to have on-board TV-Out (or VGA and a scan converter)
>that works with Linux.

Thanks.  That is very helpful.  I don't need TV-out because I'm hooking
the system up to a projector via VGA.  The Shuttle SB52G2 comes with a
built-in graphics on the motherboard and two PCI cards.  It looks like I
could put two tuner cards in it.  What is the best tuner card?  Also,
what type (AMD/Intel) and speed processor should I get?

Shuttle SB52G2
http://us.shuttle.com/specs2.asp?pro_id=264