[mythtv-users] Hardware Recommendation

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 20:41:53 EDT 2003

You will not be able to fit all of this in a Shuttle
machine.  The only configurations from them that I
know about are either 1 PCI, 1 AGP, or 2 PCI.

The All-In-Wonder is basically useless for MythTV.  It
is not capable of being used as a TV-In input for
MythTV (if I recall correctly, it does not function
correctly as a V4L device), and TV-Out with it is
difficult at best.  Please search through the mailing
list archive for why the AIW cards will not work.

Thus, a dual tuner setup will require 2 PCI slots,
becuase you'll need two cards.  This won't fit in the
small Shuttle cases, unless you have 2 PCI, and manage
to have on-board TV-Out (or VGA and a scan converter)
that works with Linux.

My MythTV machine is currently a regular ATX
motherboard, and I will be putting it into an ATX
desktop case (as soon as I find one that's not out of
stock somewhere).  I will have two tuners, wireless
(PCI), and a Matrox G400 for TV-Out.

-- Joe