[mythtv-users] Re:Re:nuv -> svcd... FINALLY!

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Aug 30 19:28:06 EDT 2003

> Installed mplayer 0.91, using the 0.90 patch (seemed OK, same pile of
> warnings that I get without the patch), installed mjpegtools from
> Mandrake rpm, installed ffmpeg and vcd imager.

You may still have issues with that, depending upon which version of
myth you're using.  the nuv file format has changed since that patch
(unless there's a new one out)

> I can export to wmv (Media Player complains that the .wmv extension is
> wrong, but the file plays), can export to divx (my Windows machine
> can't find the codec, but that's probably me), but export to svcd
> yields the following.  After it exits, I need to kill mythtranscode
> manually.

hmm, looks like mp2enc doesn't work with raw pcm data.  Until I get a
workaround for this, just install toolame - it's a better encoder,
anyway.

I'd also tell you to grab the latest version of my script, but I'm
having some sync issues with it again and haven't put it online.

-Chris