[mythtv-users] FF (seek) "freezes" frontend, backtraces attached.

Harri Hautakangas harri at hautakangas.com
Sat Aug 30 04:08:26 EDT 2003

I have had the problem of FF freezing the frontend. I cannot exit the freeze
(I have to kill frontend), frontend displays rebuffering (changing number,
same number) all over and over again.
After the latest couple of patches I think the freezes almost disappeared,
until one file froze when I was fast forwarding it today. The file started
to freeze everytime I FF it.
I saved a position (frontend wasn't frozen at this point, I was actually
trying to get to the point in the program I was watching when it froze) and
when I tried to watch the file again frontend entered the frozen rebuffering
state right away. This happens everytime I select the file.
At this point I found out how to do a backtrace etc. and did both frontend
and backend backtraces. I also tried to do another backtrace for a different
file but I could
not get any other file to freeze after trying about 10 minutes with numerous
different files.
I haven't done this before, so I hope I did it correctly. If not could
someone please advice what I did wrong.

Also, how can I  clear the bookmark set on the file (if it is even
possible), so I could maybe watch it.

Thanks for a GREAT software Isaac and others.

Harri