[mythtv-users] Dell PowerEdge 400SC and ATI 8500DV

John Girouard john at girouard.com
Fri Aug 29 15:43:22 EDT 2003

I appreciate the prompt replies, and now that I've gone back through the archives (downloading 49MB file and searching... there's got to be a better way than that!) and seen what you mean about the craptasticality of the AIW cards, I certainly appreciate the kind tone! Oh well... guess I'm in the market for a new capture card. PVR 250 seems to get good reviews.

$299 is spendy?!?! I'd certainly add more RAM to it, drop my existing ATA133 160GB drive in it, and upgrade to at least the P4 2.4, though. I'm looking to replace a PIII 733 that doesn't play nice w/ Linux (3com net card always gets IRQ 0, which obviously doesn't work so good). Thanks for the pointers!

-John

Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> On Friday, Aug 29, 2003, at 10:13 US/Pacific, Cedar wrote:
>
>> John Girouard wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>     I was wondering if anyone has successfully setup Myth-TV on a
>>> Dell PowerEdge 400SC.
>>> <http://www.xpbargains.com/jump.php?deal=dellsb&arg=http://
>>> configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/
>>> config.aspx?cs=04&oc=PE400SCSAPP&m_1=420CSC&m_3=128M1D3&m_8=40GB&c=us&