[mythtv-users] Re: KnoppMyth Release 2

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Wed Aug 27 16:15:38 EDT 2003

gave KnoppMyth a shot. Very nice.

a couple of issues:

1)The boot screen (w/ remote and tv pic) has some text below it. On my
monitor this was dark gray against black. The first time I tried to boot
I thought it had froze, but really the text was just nearly invisible.

2)Had to compile and install a network driver for the nforce onboard NIC
as it didin't work after the install. This probably isn't something you
can change.

My mythweb is on a different machine, so I need to be able to connect to
the database. I tried:

$ mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%" identified by "mythtv";

which worked fine to get me going with both RH and Gentoo. But I still
coudn't connect from an external machine. I also tried:

$ mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified by "mythtv";

and

$ mysql -u root mythconverg