[mythtv-users] Re: KnoppMyth Release 2

mpgordon at comcast.net mpgordon at comcast.net
Wed Aug 27 13:32:50 EDT 2003

I have been following this thread since it was initially posted and I have a
couple of more question.

I am in the process of building my first MythBox.  I am a software developer
with C/C++ experience and limited linux experience.  I plan on using my C/C++
skills to develop a MythTV plug-in.

What are the advantages, besides ease of installation, for using KnoppMyth?
What are the disadvantages for using KnoppMyth?
What reasons are there for me to choose to do a basic Debian (woody/sarge/sid)
install (including MythTv) vs. KnoppMyth?
Are there any reasons why I should stay away from Debian and lean towards
another Linux distribution?
Can "apt-get upgrade" and "apt-get dist-upgrade" be used with KnoppMyth to keep
the OS and packages (including MythTv) current?

Thanks,
Mike G.