[mythtv-users] a little more on FF /jump lockups during playback

bstoneaz bstoneaz at cox.net
Tue Aug 26 02:47:21 EDT 2003

I'm still seeing random hangs/ lock ups withs the frontend during playback
when using FF or jump forward.  What I've noticed is that when the freeze
occurs the video is typically a little jerky (my audio is fine though), and
the front end starts displaying Rebuffering (xxxx yyyy) and continues to
state that message with the xxxx part changing while the yyyy part stays the
same.  If I escape out of playback as soon as the freeze occurs I don't lock
up the front end, but if I let the rebuffering cycle a few times the front
end locks up hard and I have to kill and restart it to return.  Also if I
escape a freeze and immediately return and try to FF or jump again I can
repeat the freeze; letting it play for a little while to a smoother section
before FF /jump seems to work fine, so this looks like a the front end is
getting confused by the recording where there is video jitter.

Most of my recordings don't have jerkiness and they don't show the same odd
behavior.  The incoming quality doesn't seem to relate to the jerkiness
either, if that matters.

rgds
Brent