[mythtv-users] Re:KnoppMyth Release 2

mpgordon at comcast.net mpgordon at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 20:35:36 EDT 2003

Cecil,
 Thanks for you previous reply, I have a couple of follow-up questions.

 I would like to develop a plugin for MythTV, are the gcc complier tools
included in the install CD?

 Is there anything limiting me from grabbing the source and developing locally
on my MythBox?

  How would the update process work, if I were to rip MP3s and save these MP3s
to my MythBox and want to upgrade to the newest MythTV?  Will a need a separate
partition for the install and additional partitions for media storage?

  I have been searcing for MythBox hardware.  I believe that I have decided on
the Albatron Nforce2 Motherboard for AMD Processors, Model KM18G PRO 2.0:
Built-in Geforce4 MX graphics w/ TV-out
6 channel AC 97 Audio
nForce2 MCP 10/100 Ethernet LAN.
LEADTEK WINFAST "DELUXE" TV2000XP

Once the HW above was correctly assembled I could have a MythBox up and running
in 15 minutes?

Keep up the good work.
Thanks,
Mike G.