[mythtv-users] Re: KnoppMyth Release 2

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Mon Aug 25 10:50:12 EDT 2003

Hello,

Janusz S. Bien' wrote:

>On Sun, 24 Aug 2003  Cecil Watson <cwatson at linkline.com> wrote:
>

>>Hello Everyone,
>>
>>KnoppMyth is my remaster of Knoppix to include MythTV.  It is my hope
>>that with KnoppMyth, the install of MythTV with be a trivial one.
>>

>[...]
>

>>The instructions are in the knoppmyth.txt.1 file.  Feedback is much appreciated.
>>

>You can count on me! :-)
>
>I've just downloaded, burned and booted the CD. xawtv works with my
>card (AverTV Studio 203), what seems a good sign for future.
>
>Is the HD install a must? Wouldn't Knoppix persistent home be
>sufficient? At the moment I don't have a free partition for testing,
>but I will arrange one in a week or so.

Yes, HD install is a must. Knoppix uses RAM for file storage and running
Myth complete off the CD would not be practical. Now the frontend,
perhaps the next release! ;)

>The only editor I use is GNU Emacs. What about including it in the
>next release?

Probaly, I want to keep the ISO as small as possible. Besides, only a
little editting is needed.

>BTW, I have no experience yet with MythTV due to some difficulties in
>installing it on my Debian system.

The CD should make it a breeze.

>Best regards and thanks for your work.

You're welcome and thank you.