[mythtv-users] Re: KnoppMyth Release 2

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Aug 25 11:11:38 EDT 2003

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003  Cecil Watson <cwatson at linkline.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> KnoppMyth is my remaster of Knoppix to include MythTV.  It is my hope
> that with KnoppMyth, the install of MythTV with be a trivial one.

[...]

> The instructions are in the knoppmyth.txt.1 file.  Feedback is much appreciated.

You can count on me! :-)

I've just downloaded, burned and booted the CD. xawtv works with my
card (AverTV Studio 203), what seems a good sign for future.

Is the HD install a must? Wouldn't Knoppix persistent home be
sufficient? At the moment I don't have a free partition for testing,
but I will arrange one in a week or so.

The only editor I use is GNU Emacs. What about including it in the
next release?

BTW, I have no experience yet with MythTV due to some difficulties in
installing it on my Debian system.

Best regards and thanks for your work.

Janusz

--