[mythtv-users] extra buttons on WinFast TV2000 CoolCommand remote

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 17:55:09 EDT 2003

Having originally bought a WinFast TV2000 for the
remote, I find this interesting.

The duplicate buttons issue, and the extra buttons
that don't work (like the colored buttons) can be
enabled with the CVS snapshot of lirc (I used
0.70-pre2).  With the configuration file that it
installed by default (something -10), every button on
the remote worked perfectly.

On the other hand, extra buttons hidden under the
casing, that would be interesting...

I'm considering getting a so-called "Universal
Remote", something that I saw at Fry's - it's an RCA
remote, that looks nice, and has the buttons mapped
out in a way that I like.  I was wondering, could you
please e-mail me off the list to let me know how
you're setting up this remote you have?  I'm curious
to know how something like that would work, maybe I'll
try it in the future (the remotes that come with most
of the TV cards aren't that great, well, at least I
don't think so).

Thanks,
Joe