[mythtv-users] Re: RH9 Mythmusic missing apt dependency?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Aug 24 16:43:57 EDT 2003

>> After a bit of futzing around I found that mythmusic needs
>> libid3tag-devel installed because of a library dependency. Perhaps
>> I'm a
>> bit naive but I thought the idea behind apt-get was to be able to
>> automatically resolve such issues. Should not the mythmusic package be
>> dependent on libid3tag-devel? Just curious. Once I figured out where
>> find the libid3tag.so.0 library and installed it everything went
>> without
>> a hitch.
>
> That's kind of weird, too..  since the -devel library should only be a
> BuildRequires, not a Requires - Axel?

Very odd... I've never had that problem, and I've done quite a few
apt-get install mythtv-suite operations (btw, you don't need to add the
xmltv part, it is already pulled in as a dep of mythtv-suite).

libid3tag-devel is currently set only as a BuildRequires, and the only
Requires for mythmusic is libmyth, per Axel's latest spec file...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...