[mythtv-users] [OT] GeForce 2 Overscan?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 13:53:39 EDT 2003

I have similar problems with "matrox", the program
that makes color changes for the TV-out on my G400
card.

Make nvtv SUID root by doing this (as root):
chmod +s path/to/nvtv

Then, it's just a matter of running nvtv from
someplace where it gets executed when starting X.

I use one of the autologin methods suggested here, and
mythfrontend runs from .xinitrc (as user mythtv).  I
have the matrox command running in .xinitrc as well
(before starting mythfrontend).

Of course, it doesn't help too much since fbset
doesn't seem to run as part of .xinitrc, so I have to
SSH in and do it anyway.  Then again, I leave this
machine on 24/7, so it's not that big of a deal for
me.

By the way, this is a (potential) security hole.

-- Joe