[mythtv-users] Capture card with best tuner - BT8x8, SA713x or PVR-250?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 12:56:22 EDT 2003

My course of action is to get the management to try
and do something with the signal if possible.

I'm also considering a PVR-250 if that would help out.
 I shouldn't need it due to my CPU speed, but I
planned on having one hardware encoder and one
software encoder anyway at one point.  If the PVR-250
can handle the noise and let me encode without
stuttering, I'll spring for one.

Right now I'm so desperate that I'm trying to figure
out how to run OProfile - well, I've figured out how
to run it, I'm figuring out how to analyze the
results.  I'm hoping to try to figure out what's
taking the most amount of CPU time per execution,
which might help me track down something to optimize.
I just can't tell if the numbers I'm seeing indicate
that memcpy is being called a lot, or if it's taking
up most of the CPU time, as OProfile seems to operate
a bit differently than other (GUI-based) profilers
I've used.

-- Joe