[mythtv-users] Problems with TV audio after upgrading to 0.11

Chris Poch cpoch at vt.edu
Sat Aug 23 23:22:32 EDT 2003

I have the 75 ohm coax cable feed connected to the TV in connector on
the TV tuner.  The TV tuner's audio internally connects to the CD in
connector on the motherboard inside the Shuttle case (the TV tuner has
an input for the DVD drive's audio to pass through).  I do have a line
in connector, but no cable box, so I have to run the cable straight into
the TV tuner.  At least I have a stereo tuner.

I couldn't make MythTV work using OSS, so I've been using ALSA.  I
believe I'm using 0.95, but I may be on 0.94.  MythTV uses the OSS
emulation of ALSA, but everything seemed to be working great before the
upgrade and move.

I use a TV as the monitor for my myth box, but have also used various
monitors at different times.  Other than the standard quality problems
with trying to use a TV like a computer monitor, I've had no video /
display problems.

About the TV listings, my problem is that the local listings available
through tv_grab_na do not have the university's cable system as an
option.  I can get listings for the surrounding apartment complexes, but
not for the campus itself.  What I'd like to do with channels is somehow
modify the data from one of the local listings so that the network names
line up with what I can get through university cable.

Sorry for not providing enough details in the first post.
-Chris