[mythtv-users] RE: Commerical Skip problem

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Aug 21 15:36:48 EDT 2003

> Is there any techical reason the commercial flagging thread couldn't
> be started at the same time as the recording?  I konw it would have to
> block or delay while waiting for the record thread to write more data,
> but it would make the commercial info available to the player ssoner.

The flagging thread runs on a pre-existing recording which doesn't exist
when you're watching LiveTV, so it makes it a bit harder/different to
implement.  The ringbuffer also comes into play as well since it's a ring. :)
I'll try to put some thought into it to see if I can think of a better
way but I can't guarantee anything soon since I'm working on other non-LiveTV
stuff and rarely use LiveTV as it is.

--

Chris