[mythtv-users] RE: Commerical Skip problem

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Wed Aug 20 23:43:58 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 01:37:46PM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> When you're using hardware encoding, Myth's not doing the encoding so it
> can't analyze the raw video unless it plays the video back which is exactly
> what it does in the post-record commercial flagging thread.

Is there any techical reason the commercial flagging thread couldn't
be started at the same time as the recording?  I konw it would have to
block or delay while waiting for the record thread to write more data,
but it would make the commercial info available to the player ssoner.

Please pardon my ignorance on this next question -- I've only very,
very, briefly looked at the relevant code.

As I understand it, the files written for hardware encoder cards are
really the card's native format even though the they have a .nuv
filename.  Would there be any benefit to Myth to reformat (not
re-encode) the data from those cards on the fly into Myth's .nuv
format?

David
--
David Engel