[mythtv-users] Windows XP Media Center edition?

Aaron Stewart acs at hourglassone.com
Mon Aug 18 15:56:26 EDT 2003

This is not a plug, but I'm curious if anyone's played with it:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/features.asp

Notable items on their list (see below for concerns):

= Pause and rewind live tv
= manual recording
= advanced conflict management
= recorder initiated resume (wake the pc from power save to do
recordings)
= epg (grid based, search 14 days ahead, program details, automatic
guide updates)
= My Music
= Play DVD
= My Videos (video playback)
= My Pictures
= Remote control support

My big concern is that Microsoft may try to patent something like this
-- if that's the case, then mythtv is definitely a candidate for "prior
art," and we could deliver M$ a resounding slap on the wrist.

Thoughts?