[mythtv-users] XBOX Frontend 0.11 Version Online

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Sun Aug 17 13:17:18 EDT 2003

Dennis Cartier wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The 0.11 version of myth_progfs is up on my page
>(http://bit.blkbk.com/bittorrent).
>
>Download it, extract the myth_progfs file from it, and replace the current
>one on your XBOX and you are done.

Hello,

I have two issues with the new release and 1 question :)

1) mythfrontend wouldnt start automatically.  ssh'ing in and running
mythfrontend would complain about not being able to find libmyth-XXX.

I moved mythfrontend to mythfrontend.bin and created a new mythfrontend
with:

#!/bin/sh
ldconfig
/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend.bin

and now it works.

2) Remote key presses.  Navigation keys dont work any more.  I dont know
why this would be.
I can play/pause/change channels by up/down/key in channels.  However, I
cant get out of live tv once I choose it, or get back to any menus, etc.

Did anything change in the key mappings?  I am using the microsoft dvd
remote.

3) Did you have any plans for other myth modules?  I would love mythdvd,
mythgallery, mythgame, mythmusic, mythvideo, and mythweather :)

The 0.11 upgrade looks fantastic.  I appreciate your work.

Thanks.

Michael