[mythtv-users] usb audio

Wally wally at satx.rr.com
Sun Aug 17 02:49:14 EDT 2003

I am looking to get better sound out of my mythtv box. I have thought
about one of these:
http://www.buy.com/retail/searchresults.asp?search_store=1&querytype=comp&qu=yamaha+cavit&loc=101&dclksa=1

They are an external usb soundboard with very very good audio quality
(thats the rumor). Does alsa or the usb audio module support something
like this? The price is excellent. On amazon.com these things go for
$300 to $400 but at buy.com they are $60-$100 depending on model. I also
need a cheap receiver for my 2 huge bookshelf speakers and the Ap-u70
looks like it would be perfect for that and a steal at $64.

Since I don't know much about audio tell me what you think. I currently
have my mythfrontend going into the audio in on my tv because I don't
have a receiver for my 2 old bookshelf speakers. They used to be powered
by an old record player/8 track stereo which I replace with the
mythfrontend box. Quite a transition don't you think. The big speakers
are 20 watts each.