[mythtv-users] MythVideo

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sat Aug 16 10:48:49 EDT 2003

On Saturday 16 August 2003 05:23 am, Steele Price wrote:
> Got MythVideo loaded with files and I have several suggestions.

As a general rule, patches implementing features make things happen --
suggestions don't, really.

> 1.     Database fields needed.
>         Category, Parent Category, Playlist
>
>         This way we can at least seperate TV from Movies, But I want them
> also by show and season,
>         the two category fields can handle this easily like a taxonomy.
>         Alot of my videos are more than one file and adding them to
> playlists will help tremendously,
>         could be nice for Music Videos too.

There's already a way to do playlists in the current schema.  You could get
the same affect as categories with a little filesystem action, since it does
display according to how things are on disk.

> 4.    Does video manager have to load the entire file structure and compare
> the DB everytime?

That's what it's supposed to do, but..

>         Can't that be a button inside the manager, it takes about 5 minutes
> to load me.

sure.

> 5.    Would it be possible to break out the database queries into someplace
> that is user editable without
>         having to recompile?  I can think of several things I am going to
> want this for, even putting it into
>         the setup would be nice so sorting, etc can be changed.

For something like this, the sorting options should be user changeable, not
the database query.

Isaac