[mythtv-users] Terrible LiveTV performance

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Aug 15 13:50:34 EDT 2003

On Friday 15 August 2003 12:37 pm, Curtis Stanford wrote:
> You're an amazing dood Isaac. Your first suggestion fixed the problem for
> me. I've been changing channels for about 30 minutes now with no problem.
> By the way, it's more like line 3598 in NuppelVideoPlayer but I knew what
> you meant.

Excellent.

> I've left the OSD on since the first patch fixed the problem. I don't know
> what this change will do to everyone else but I like it! What does
> setLowBuffers do anyway?

The OSD suggestion was just because I occasionally run out of CPU when it's
getting blended into the video on my m10000 -- it always recovers right
after, but..   I'm hoping that some improvements I have planned for the near
future should help that out a little.

The setLowBuffers just makes sure it has plenty of audio in the audio buffer
thread.  I haven't tested it extensively (wrote it for the xvmc support), but
I'm going to make it a configurable option in my last commit before the 0.11
release..  Something like 'Extra audio buffering' on the playback screen for
when you update.

Isaac