FW: [mythtv-users] D.vine case

Eric Aversa eaversa at omnesys.com
Thu Aug 14 23:42:30 EDT 2003

I realized that the D.Vine4 supports a full ATX power supply, so I am
going to try that. I was concerned that running a full ATX motherboard,
Athlon 1600, two cards, 1 HD etc would be too close to the limits of a
200W power supply, especially as there is no documentation on the
capacity of the various rails on line.

What do you have in your case (i.e. what load have you found that the
PSU can carry?)

I ordered the Silenx 350W ATX power supply. You found that Silenx was
not very quiet? Would you compare it disfavorably to other power
supplies marketed as quiet such as the Zalman, Fortron, and Thermaltake?

Thanks very much for your reply!

Eric Aversa
Omnesys Technologies, Inc.
email : eaversa at omnesys.com