[mythtv-users] Has anyone setup v4l2 succesfully?

Colin Armstrong colin at carolnrob.net
Thu Aug 14 09:28:35 EDT 2003

I recompiled my kernel twice hoping for V4L2 support. The first time I
got the kernel suggested from by link below using apt-get, but that
kernel did not come with a .config file. This would not be a problem
except this kernel made my apt-get think it was a version lower than it
was, so I had to  install some stuff by hand but, I couldn't because I
lacked a .config file from the kernel. Also the kernel suggested is a
patched Red Hat kernel, which made life even worse. So I recompiled with
a regular stock kernel and patched it with V4L2, which then worked
perfectly.
Colin