[mythtv-users] Re: The good old ivtv nosound issue again

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Aug 12 17:31:56 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Isaac Richards responded to Tobais Blomber's question:

>> Does someone have an idea how to solve this problem ?  Is it an ivtv
>> issue
>> only ?  If so, why did it work before ?
>
> Yes, it's an ivtv issue.  Upgrade fully to current ivtv cvs.

One thing that might throw you off is a change in the way
/etc/modules.conf (or whatever your distro uses) is set up. A recent
change in the ivtv driver has necessitated a change of the last line of
the module config from "add below..." to "add above...". After
upgrading my drivers recently, I had no sound (except after a channel
change, no good for recording) until I made that change to my module
config. Everything is peachy again.

-jcw