[mythtv-users] The good old ivtv nosound issue again

Tobias Blomberg blomman at ludd.luth.se
Wed Aug 13 01:49:23 EDT 2003

I posted my reply with the wrong "from address" so it got caught by the
mailing list system. I repost it with the correct source address here and add
some info at the end.

----------------------
> > I have been running MythTV for about a month now and I must say I am
> > impressed with it. It is a bit unstable though. The frontend crashes
> > several times per day and the backend crashes a couple of times per week.
> > I can live with that right now.
>
> I can't magically fix crashes that don't get reported properly.

No, ofcourse not. That was not the main issue of this mail. Sorry if it
sounded like that. I thought I'd have a closer look at the crashes first with
gdb to either fix the problem myself or give you a good stack trace to work
with. I then thought it would be best to get the CVS version to get the
latest code to debug. Unfortunately I ran into the sound problem first.

> > Does someone have an idea how to solve this problem ?  Is it an ivtv
> > issue only ?  If so, why did it work before ?
>
> Yes, it's an ivtv issue.  Upgrade fully to current ivtv cvs.

So, nothing related to this has changed in MythTV ?  I'm then still confused
why it worked before upgrading to the CVS version. Maybe just bad luck then
;-)  I didn't reload the msp-driver on purpose before writing this mail in
case a test against the old driver had been requested. I have already
compiled the latest CVS version of the ivtv driver and will test it right
away. I'll be back...