[mythtv-users] The good old ivtv nosound issue again

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Aug 12 16:28:03 EDT 2003

> Unfortunately I also updated the ivtv driver at the same time. There was a
> change in the msp3400 code, but I have not reloded the msp-driver after
> upgrading (only the ivtv part) so it should be the old copy running.

While the msp3400 changes may seem unimportant you should keep in mind that
msp = "Multistandard Sound Processor", very much related to sound. As for
why upgrading just the ivtv portion causes the problem, I think the jerk who
made the msp3400 changes included some notes in the patch he sent in.

Update your msp driver as well, if it doesn't work you should probably post
over on the ivtv list as the sound problem almost certainly has more to do
with the pvr card rather than mythtv.

--
Anduin Withers