[mythtv-users] The good old ivtv nosound issue again

Tobias Blomberg blomman at ludd.luth.se
Wed Aug 13 00:53:01 EDT 2003

Hi all!

I have been running MythTV for about a month now and I must say I am impressed
with it. It is a bit unstable though. The frontend crashes several times per
day and the backend crashes a couple of times per week. I can live with that
right now. What I can't live with is that my recordings lack sound after
upgrade to the CVS version. The reason for checking out the CVS version was
that I maybe could have a look at the code and fix a couple of bugs.

I have a Hauppauge PVR-250 card.

When I watch live TV everything is fine. I have sound and I can change
channels and still have sound. If I schedule a recording, sound is turned off
when the recording starts. Some manual intervention will fix this

	test_ioctl -v input=3,output=1

This is ofcourse not good for unattended recordings.

This worked fine when I was using the 0.10 version of MythTV but the problems
started when I moved to the latest CVS-version. Anyone have a clue if the
code that handles this has been touched ?

Unfortunately I also updated the ivtv driver at the same time. There was a
change in the msp3400 code, but I have not reloded the msp-driver after
upgrading (only the ivtv part) so it should be the old copy running.

Does someone have an idea how to solve this problem ?  Is it an ivtv issue
only ?  If so, why did it work before ?

Best regards,
Tobias