[mythtv-users] A few odd bugs with cutlists

Ian Westcott ijw1 at pacbell.net
Sun Aug 10 15:03:51 EDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 03:54:01PM -0500, Ian Westcott wrote:

> *) Not actually cut point related: Sometimes when advancing through
> video, (with mythbackend on one machine, and mythfrontend on another),
> the video stops, and it spits out this in the terminal:
>
> rebuffering (124600 128000)
> rebuffering (127771 128000)
> rebuffering (126981 128000)
> rebuffering (113394 128000)
> rebuffering (122921 128000)
> rebuffering (111141 128000)
> rebuffering (123296 128000)
> rebuffering (127899 128000)
> rebuffering (127975 128000)
> rebuffering (125595 128000)
> rebuffering (127340 128000)
> rebuffering (123515 128000)
> rebuffering (124843 128000)
>
> This continues indefinitely. I have to kill mythfrontend and restart it.

This just happened to me again with another program, but this time the
process didn't continue forever, and just said:
header damaged
decoding error: -1 back from avcodec
Broken packet: V 117440512

(the third line came several seconds after the first two). However, I
still couldn't get mythfrontend to do anything, even quit. It was
redrawing the window, so it wasn't frozen, but it was in a state where it
wasn't processing user input.

Upon restarting, I couldn't edit the cutlist anymore either. After poking
around through the database, I noticed the editing field in that
program's recorded entry was set to 1 (makes since, since I killed
mythfrontend). Upon setting it back to 0, I could edit the cutlist again,
although all the cuts I had previously made were gone.

And all of this is from the MythTV CVS from this morning.

Ian