[mythtv-users] A few odd bugs with cutlists

Ian Westcott ijw1 at pacbell.net
Sun Aug 10 16:54:01 EDT 2003

Has anyone else seen these, or am I just lucky? :)

Lately I've been manually going through in edit mode and marking
commercials and such sections I want to cut out (for eventual
transcoding). I noticed the following:

*) After adding a cut lust for commercials and such, the skip ahead
30-seconds key no longer works properly. The video continues to play
normally as if I didn't hit any key, but the time position indicator in
the upper right shows up, often giving the incorrect position for what is
playing. The rewind-5-seconds key works correctly, and has the added
benefit of bringing the time in sync with how far into the recording I
actually am. This occurs regardless of whether or not advancing 30
seconds would cross a cut point. If I clear out all the cut points, this
problem goes away.

*) Not actually cut point related: Sometimes when advancing through
video, (with mythbackend on one machine, and mythfrontend on another),
the video stops, and it spits out this in the terminal:

rebuffering (124600 128000)
rebuffering (127771 128000)
rebuffering (126981 128000)
rebuffering (113394 128000)
rebuffering (122921 128000)
rebuffering (111141 128000)
rebuffering (123296 128000)
rebuffering (127899 128000)
rebuffering (127975 128000)
rebuffering (125595 128000)
rebuffering (127340 128000)
rebuffering (123515 128000)
rebuffering (124843 128000)

This continues indefinitely. I have to kill mythfrontend and restart it.

*) I was in edit mode cutting out commercials from a movie when the above
occured. I killed mythfrontend and restarted it, but now I can no longer
enter edit mode with program whose cut lists I was editing -- there's no
sign that I even pressed the 'e' key. It works in all other programs,
just not this one. It does this even when I start mythfrontend on the
same machine as mythbackend.

Any clues? :)

Ian