[mythtv-users] xbox frontend

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Sat Aug 9 20:54:50 EDT 2003

Hi Adrian,

Great! So it works from F:

I tried to make it able to do this, but sadly I only have an 8GB drive and
no F: drive. Sometimes flying blind works ... sometimes you hit a mountain
:)

> Seems to work great but I do not have a keyboard hooked up yet, does it
> work with the game controller?

No, it does not. I looked at it, but the controller has too few mappable
buttons. It would involve ripping apart the xpad driver and doing major
changes (I would think). If anyone wants to take a stab this ... but I have
no plans to do it as most people will likely use a remote.

> I am going out to get a remote today and will give that a try.

James was nice enough to compile up a working module. See

http://www.jameswhite.org/~james/usb-xboxir/

Since you are using the compressed version, you will have to put the new
module somewhere writable, like say in /root inside the myth.tgz archive.
Then create an initscript that rmmod's the old version and ismod's the new
version from /root. If you need help with this let me know.

Dennis