[mythtv-users] mythmusic : weird compile problem

John Goulah bigjohn at getrockedout.com
Thu Aug 7 20:00:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

 This is the second box I am installing myth on, as a frontend machine. I have
gotten frontend/backend CVS versions compiled and working on the master
backend server. This new frontend box is also using CVS. I'm running Redhat 8
stock kernel.

I'm trying to compile mythmusic on the box (mythtv is compiled and working).
There is some kind of problem with lame or libcdaudio because its looking for
id3tag.h (included with lame). The exact error is:

maddecoder.cpp:12:20: id3tag.h: No such file or directory

I have installed binary lame and lame-devel rpms and that didn't work so I
installed lame from source (just like on the how to). I see the file in the
lame/libmp3lame but its not installing it....

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
John