[mythtv-users] MythTV is STUCK! And a Suggestion

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Aug 6 16:02:59 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 02:51 pm, Richard Doherty wrote:
> As of the last time I compiled (on a CVS build) I also have this
> problem.  I can never get MythTV to Watch TV, even after restarting
> Mythbackend.  It is clearly stuck.

It doesn't think you have a tuner card, then.  The 'in-use' status of a tuner
card isn't stored anywhere at all.  Since you're using CVS, you should be
able to go in and see why GetFreeRecorder is failing in
programs/mythbackend/mainserver.cpp.

> In addition to wanting to fix this problem so I can use my Myth, I would
> also like to tactfully suggest that this error message is a design flaw,
> even when correctly displayed.

It is not a design flaw.  You're ignoring the fact that mythtv supports
multiple tuner cards.  It would have to present a list of currently recording
programs for the user to select, and the watch recordings screen does just
that.  No sense in duplicating functionality.

Isaac