[mythtv-users] can't change channels ("Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.")

Kevin Bowen kevin at ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 6 12:46:39 EDT 2003

I just reinstalled myth, and now I'm getting this problem, which i see
mentioned in the list archives from about a month ago: mythfrontend gives
"QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range" and mythbackend gives :
"Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(1 Television )
in setup is wrong
Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly."

This seems to be caused by my channels mysql table having the channum field
filled with the channel name (i.e. "CNN") rather than the number.

Back when this was reported on the list before, .10 was not yet out, and the
advice given was to downgrade to an older version of XMLTV, but I would
imagine that would no longer apply (and if it does, I've been unable to
locate an older version for download anywhere). So I'm running myth .10 and
XMLTV 0.5.15-29, which I thought is what I'm supposed to be running.... am I
the only one getting this problem? Could there just be something about the
listings for my area that aren't getting parsed correctly? Or is something
screwy with my config?

kevin at ucsd.edu