[mythtv-users] Remote?

Chris Kahney beagleguy at HotPOP.com
Tue Aug 5 14:14:39 EDT 2003

(I apologize if this is old topic, please bare with us noobies)

If I understand MythTV correctly, it functions as the device I use to do
everything with the TV.  Currently the VCR and VCR remote services this
purpose (changing channel, volume, power on/off, etc), so if the mythtv
will be replacing the VCR for this I would like a good remote.  Any
suggestions?

Is this how everyone else has their system setup?  Currently have a PC
hooked to the TV for watching divx movies, which goes through the VCR input
and then the VCR to the TV.  If the mythtv doesn't offer a good remote I
suppose I could leave the system like it is and change to the VCR input
whenever I need to access the mythtv, but that seems to defeat the purpose
of onscreen channel guides, etc.