[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-250 Sound/Changing Channels

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Mon Aug 4 14:42:29 EDT 2003

> I downloaded these on 8/1 or 8/2 from the "click here to get the latest
> snapshot" thing on their website.

If you mean "Latest CVS tarball" then you've got it.

> Until those docs are updated, do you have a suggested place to look for
> what "output=x" setting I should use?  Doing it twice in a row with
> output=1 then output=2 was the only way I could get it to work when
> changing channels.

Output should be 1, input should be 3 (1 for svideo). I have several card
revs and this is true on all of them.

> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get my initial channel properly
> set on machine bootup?

test_ioctl will let you set the frequency, the ivtv driver also comes with a
perl script which can do it (I'm lazy though and don't like to install all
the various required perl gizmozs it needs, so I was pretty happy to find
chann.c in the utils directory, had to change the frequency table it was
using by default but after that it works).

I should also say that I do not have a problem with the mythbackend getting
all confused about channels on load.

--
Anduin Withers