[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-250 Sound/Changing Channels

hayward at slothmud.org hayward at slothmud.org
Mon Aug 4 02:07:41 EDT 2003

>You might want to try the latest ivtv drivers. Some audio fixes were made on
>7/31.

I downloaded these on 8/1 or 8/2 from the "click here to get the latest
snapshot" thing on their website.

>output=2 is voodoo, it is almost a certainty that the underlying hardware
>chip doesn't really support that setting, what it does do is reset the chip
>again and restore the setting sent before (if you are lucky).
>
>I know the ivtv docs tell you to guess around and see what works but there
>really are very few settings that apply to the MSP chip used with the pvr
>cards.

Until those docs are updated, do you have a suggested place to look for
what "output=x" setting I should use?  Doing it twice in a row with
output=1 then output=2 was the only way I could get it to work when
changing channels.

ALSO:
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get my initial channel properly
set on machine bootup?  It seems that mythbackend gets confused and I have
to run xawtv then change the channel before running
mythbackend/mythfrontend.  I tried v4lctl setstation with no luck.

--
Brian Hayward