[mythtv-users] No Picture - updates!

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Sun Aug 3 15:49:04 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards said:
>>    Would you like to clear all program/channel
>>    settings before starting configuration? [no]
>>
>> This option seems to be inadequately labeled.

> You didn't want to manually remove them from the database, so that's
> your only  choice.

I don't understand what one thing has to do with the other.  Clearly the
fact that I didn't want to remove DB entries is not the reason that the
setup utility doesn't mention that it will remove program/channel AND
"Video Sources" data.

>> Is there a list of default keyboard controls somewhere?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html

*blush*

>> How can one bring the sound and video in sync?
>
> You didn't set up your soundcard properly.
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html

*BLUSH*

>> Why isn't the mouse available on the main frontend screen?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-18.html#ss18.22

Damn, I even read this, then promptly forgot about it.

I guess the question is, why is the mouse available on the other screens?

>> Is there a way to exit from the main screen gracefully?
>
> Set up a shutdown key from the General settings menu.

Groovy.

>> Why doesn't it turn off the audio when I go back to the main screen?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html

I don't see the answer there.  What I am asking is why doesn't it turn off
the audio /output/ on the tuner card when I exit.  (Not the line input, as
you seem to be suggesting.)

Granted that it would be hard for me to notice that if I had things set up
correctly . . .

>> Why doesn't it shut down when I use the "close" feature of my WM?
>
> Because the WM doesn't know how to shut it down properly.

Would you mind elaborating on this?  If it is the case I'll submit a bug
to the KDE folks.

>> Thanks for all the help!
>
> Thanks for sending this email to me 4 times.

I sent it to you twice.  Sorry, I kind of double clicked the submit button
on my webmail.  It also when to the list twice, sorry to everyone on that.
 I won't cc you this time, if that's any consolation :-)

-Peter