[mythtv-users] No Picture - updates!

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Aug 3 17:19:22 EDT 2003

On Sunday 03 August 2003 03:41 pm, Peter Hutnick wrote:
> Isaac Richards said:
> >> I've tried that.  I thought we'd established that that clears "Capture
> >> Cards" but not "Video Sources."
> >
> > Then say yes to the second question.
>
>    Would you like to clear all program/channel
>    settings before starting configuration? [no]
>
> This option seems to be inadequately labeled.  I /really/ didn't want to
> wipe all of the channel setting for no good reason since it takes a /long/
> time to re-populate the DB.

You didn't want to manually remove them from the database, so that's your only
choice.

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html

> How can one bring the sound and video in sync?

You didn't set up your soundcard properly.
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html

> Why isn't the mouse available on the main frontend screen?

> Is there a way to exit from the main screen gracefully?

Set up a shutdown key from the General settings menu.

> Why doesn't it turn off the audio when I go back to the main screen?

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html

> Why doesn't it shut down when I use the "close" feature of my WM?

Because the WM doesn't know how to shut it down properly.

> Why doesn't it turn off the audio when I kill it or use ctrl-c?  (As this
> seems to be the only way to exit.)

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html

> Thanks for all the help!

Thanks for sending this email to me 4 times.

Isaac