[mythtv-users] seperate video feeds

Jon jgregor at hotpop.com
Sat Aug 2 19:01:34 EDT 2003

Hey guys you've all be real helpful with whatever I post on here.  I have
all the parts I need to setup my box, just haven't had the time, perhaps
tomorrow (sunday) anyway, I've been brainstorming a little and was wondering
if anyone had any experience with this.  We have one tv in the living room,
With the cable package we have we are allowed up to 3 cable boxes,  I was
thinking about requesting a second box for myth tv recording purposes this
way I won't need to stop watching tv to record, or I could record while wife
is watching something lame ( read oprah ).  Anyway inorder for my irblaster,
or remote setup to not mess with both boxes, I was thinking maybe I could
have one cable box in the server room , near my backend, and one cable box
in the living room near the tv and frontend, is it possible to have a cable
feed going into both the backend and frontend , frontend would only be used
for livetv, but since i've never compiled myth i wouldn't know if this is a
possibility, any replies would be greatful.
-Jon