[mythtv-users] mythweb2 and 0.10 release?

Dane Kantner webmaster at dddane.com
Fri Aug 1 13:48:49 EDT 2003

> *Occasionally* I get a listing screen (with the same
> php Safe Mode warnings I

the "occasionally" is odd... seems like it would be there always or never...
what error are you getting relating to safe mode?

do you know how to turn it off?  (do a search for php.ini examples... it
goes in /etc/php.ini ...you'll need to restart apache).  On Mandrake 9.1,
there was no existing /etc/php.ini for me... so it defaults at startup to
safe mode... i created a blank /etc/php.ini with 3 or 4 options *only* ...
amoung them safe_mode=Off ... the rest I let stay at the default... this
eliminated the safe mode errors I was having when loading the "recordings"
screen.... (where it was running GD or something to create thumbnails of the
recordings).

i'm not getting any safe mode errors in mythweb2 either

-dane