[mythtv-users] Newbie TV out question

Fri Apr 11 16:42:07 UTC 2003

> On my TIVO box I have both composite out and coaxial out.  I have the
> composite attached to a TV and the coaxial runs around the house to another
> TV.  I'm able to watch the same show on either set or on both sets at the
> same time, which meets my needs.  Is it possible to build a Myth box with
> this capability?  What hardware and software would I need?

This is a graphics card issue really.  You should be able to use a high quality shielded svideo cable out the back of your graphics card and run that to your TVs, but quality will degrade with distance.

However, another option is to use multiple myth boxes.  Myth has seperation of front end and backend duties so you can have a second lightweight PC to run your second TV if you wish. (and a network cable between them).