[mythtv-theming] Rendering of semi-transparent box under coverart

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 25 15:56:15 UTC 2013

Hi. Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction here.

Essentially I am trying to make what I though was a simple and straight
forward change to the default configuration of the coverart display in the
mythbuntu theme. I would like to extend the semi-transparent shape box that
is grouped with the coverart below the coverart. So I made the total group
size larger (in the example below 427x72), made the shape (box) larger (also
427x720) but left the coverart at a smaller area of 427x613.

What I have found is that when the piece of coverart is drawn in (with the
accompanying shape) the shape is not drawn where it extends outside of the
area of the coverart, it is instead truncated. I have tested this with the
shape both in front and behind the coverart with the same result, and with
the overlap either above or below the coverart with the same result. It
seems from my reading of the wiki that this is a legitimate arrangement
however I cannot get it to work.

        <group name="coverartgroup">

            <area>853,0,427,720</area>

            <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>

            <shape name="groupbox">

                <area>0,0,427,720</area>

                <type>roundbox</type>

                <fill color="#000000" alpha="200" />

                <line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />

                <cornerradius>1</cornerradius>

                <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>

            </shape>

            <imagetype name="coverart">

                <area>0,0,427,613</area>

                <preserveaspect>yes</preserveaspect>

                <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>

            </imagetype>

        </group>

Any assistance possible would be greatly appreciated. Running 0.27.

Mark.