[mythtv-theming] using nodetype outside a buttonlist

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 23:23:25 UTC 2013

Hi

On Monday, 12 August 2013, Joey Morris wrote:

> In the video library, I'm unable to get the nodetype statetype to work
> outside the buttonlist. By "not working", I mean the content
> associated with the subfolder state isn't displayed when a subfolder
> is selected. When I turn on widget borders and widget names, I can see
> nodetype's border but not subfolder's border. This is my nodetype
> definition:

A state really only exists for the object it's assigned to. It's not
available to all elements, not event to sub-children.

So if the code set a state to the child XX of an object YY, that statetype
is only available for XX as child of YY.

> Does anyone have thoughts on whether I'm doing something wrong or if
> this is a bug? Are there better workarounds than what I tried?

It's not a bug ; that's just not how statetype works... Personally I think
that it could be improved and a statetype should be available at list to
all children (including children of children) but at this stage it's not.

What is new in 0.27 however, is that templates are available to *all*
children of a composite object; so you could use templates for the text...
it would still have to be within the buttonlist however.