[mythtv-theming] Arclight

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 01:31:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 5:17 PM, MarcT <myrdhn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I finally got to play with Arclight last night.
> What prompted some of the changes that you have made to what was uploaded
> when compared to the screenshots at http://www.fecitfacta.com/Arclight/

Things change as themes mature.  Personally I am happier with the
finished product than with what was in those screenshots.

> I still like it but some of the things from the screenshots you have posted
> are different and was wondering why the change.

Personal preference, tweaks, part of the process, it was Tuesday, etc.

> Things of note, the menu is different, we have an up/down menu instead of
> the side to side one in the screenshots.

Certain whiny users who refuse to use horizontal menus (not referring
to you with this), overall theme panel consistency, it was Sunday,
etc.

> Also the media player widget is missing.
> http://www.fecitfacta.com/Arclight/Gallery_files/Media/widgets/widgets.jpg

Nope, still there, that's the MythMusic miniplayer.  Start music in
MythMusic, exit with prompts turned on and choose to continue playing,
then invoke the miniplayer with your miniplayer keybinding.

> Another thing is that the watch recordings screen is laid out different from
> the screens as well. The left side has the description in it in addition to
> the right side under the episode when you scroll through the list. Not an
> issue but why the duplication?

Personal preference, the ability to see the plot in context with the
artwork and while looking at the buttonlist, it was Thursday, etc.

> Most of the screens also look like the transparency has been decreased. Was
> this to increase readability?

Depending on which particular parts you had in mind, yes, that's the
likely reason I would have made certain panels more opaque.

Robert